Commerce Bank's Online Banking is now more secure than ever. Our enhanced security program protects you in two ways:
How does it work?
When you activate Online Banking, you'll be asked to select a Personal Security Image and assign it a Caption, both of which will be known only to you.
After that, you'll see your Personal Security Image and Caption every time you log in. If you don't see the image and caption you've selected, do not enter your password - just give us a call at 800-986-2265.
We've also added security questions so that, any time you log in from a computer that you haven't asked us to remember, we can make sure it's really you.
For more information on our new security program, read the
Frequently Asked Questions.
Our new security program works in combination with the safeguards we've already been using in Online Banking:
- 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your data so that it is unreadable as it travels across the Internet. SSL also authenticates the server with which you're communicating, so you can be sure that your information is going to Commerce Bank Online Banking and not to another location.
- Multiple firewalls that protect our systems from unauthorized access.
- Your unique Customer ID and Password, which is known only to you.
- The time-out feature, which automatically logs you out of our system after a period of inactivity.
- Secure email inside our Online Banking system, should you need to communicate with us regarding your account.
Enhance the security of your account
You can also take steps to enhance the security of your account information:
- Use secure email inside Online Banking to send email containing account information to us.
- Change your password periodically, and choose a password that's difficult to guess.
You are responsible for keeping your password, Personal Security Image and Caption, security questions and answers, account numbers, personal information and account data confidential, and for informing us immediately if you believe there has been an unauthorized transaction in your account or you believe the security of your password has been compromised. To report any such activity, call us at 800-986-2265.
Commerce Bank is not responsible for customer errors or negligent use of our Online Banking services.
For complete information, please review our Online Banking Terms and Conditions