At Commerce, we consider sustainability factors in all facets of our business, and we encourage our customers, employees, suppliers and communities to do the same.
Our goal is to ensure that our business practices are consistent with our responsibility to shareholders, the good stewardship of natural resources and the well-being of our employees and the communities we serve.
2014 Goals for our operations
- Continue to significantly reduce paper consumption by exploiting image technology and electronic reporting: Since 2008, we have reduced total paper consumption by more than 40%.
- Continue to significantly reduce energy consumption through the implementation of our comprehensive Energy Management Plan: Since 2008, we have reduced consumption of electricity by 20%. These efforts have saved the company more than $1,000,000 annually.
- Continue to significantly increase recycling of all consumables company-wide: Since 2008, we have recycled more than 14,000 tons of electronic equipment and computers, more than 5,400 tons of paper, more than 5 tons of aluminum cans and more than 3 tons of plastics. In addition, nearly all plastic bottles have been eliminated from our vending machines and we are recycling cafeteria food waste.
- Continue to actively promote broader acceptance of online usage among our customers through www.commercebank.com and Online Banking services: Since 2009, usage of e-statements has increased by more than 230% among our account holders.
- Continue to aggressively explore green technologies in all facets of our operations: Since 2008, we have opened Missouri's first LEED-certified bank branch, completed the installation of solar systems on eleven of our buildings, added the first hybrid vehicle to our fleet, participated in community partnerships to install electric vehicle charging stations at three of our branches, installed our first geothermal system, and more. We are incorporating all of the lessons we have learned to date as we design new branches and remodel existing ones.
in the state to receive LEED certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.