At Commerce, we consider sustainability factors in all facets of our business, and we encourage our customers, employees, suppliers and communities to do the same.
Our goal is to ensure that our business practices are consistent with our responsibility to shareholders, the good stewardship of natural resources and the well-being of our employees and the communities we serve.
2013 Goals for our operations
- Continue to significantly reduce paper consumption by exploiting image technology and electronic reporting. Since 2008, we have reduced total paper consumption by more than 35%.
- Continue to significantly reduce energy consumption through the implementation of our comprehensive Energy Management Plan. Since 2008, we have reduced consumption of electricity by 14% and natural gas by 29%. These efforts have saved the company more than $500,000 annually.
- Continue to significantly increase recycling of all consumables company-wide. Since 2008, recycling of paper and aluminum has increased by 7% and 21% respectively, and recycling of computer equipment has increased by 38%. In addition, nearly all plastic bottles have been eliminated from our vending machines and we are recycling cafeteria food waste.
- Continue to actively promote broader acceptance of online usage among our customers through www.commercebank.com and Online Banking services. Since 2009, usage of e-statements has increased by more than 190% among our account holders.
- Continue to aggressively explore green technologies in all facets of our operations. Since 2008, we have opened Missouri's first LEED-certified bank branch, completed our first solar installation, added the first hybrid vehicle to our fleet, particpated in community partnerships to install electric vehicle charging stations at three of our branches, installed our first geothermal system, and more. We are incorporating all of the lessons we have learned to date as we design new branches and remodel existing ones.
in the state to receive LEED certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.