Transfer your higher-rate balances to a Commerce Bank credit card and simplify your finances.* You can save time and money by consolidating your other balances onto one account and making one monthly payment.
Transfer balances from:
- Major credit cards
- Specialty cards (department stores, gas cards, etc.)
- Small loans (auto, school, home improvement)
- Medical bills
You also receive these great benefits with your Commerce Bank credit card:
- 24-hour automated account information line
- Customer Service availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Optional Auto Pay and Overdraft Protection
- Zero Liability coverage**
If you are an existing Commerce Bank customer and would like to transfer a balance from a non-Commerce account, please call 1-800-645-2103 or stop by any Commerce Bank location.
- Balance Transfer Details: Balance Transfers must be from an existing credit card with another institution. You understand to close an account with another credit card company, you must notify the issuer directly. Commerce Bank will make Balance Transfers up to the amount of your credit limit, which will be established at account opening. If you make requests for Balance Transfers that exceed your credit limit, Commerce Bank may at its discretion determine which transfers will be made and which will not. Commerce Bank requires a minimum monthly payment which will be the greater of: $30.00 or the full amount of your total balance if it is less than $30.00; or 3.00% of your new balance plus any amounts that are past due; or 1.00% of your new balance plus any amounts that are past due, plus Fees and Interest Charges accumulated during the billing period. To assure your non-Commerce Bank accounts remain in good standing, please continue to pay that account as required. Upon approval, we will notify you regarding the Balance Transfer check(s) mailed on your behalf. It can take up to 30 days for a Balance Transfer to post on the other account.
- Customer must notify Commerce Bank within 60 days of receiving statement with unauthorized account activity.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.