Commerce Credit Card FAQs
- How do I activate my card?
If there is a sticker on the front of your card, we need verification that you have received your card. For your convenience, you may confirm receipt of your new card securely online. Make sure you have your card number available. After your card is activated, please destroy your old card.
If there is no sticker on the front of your new card, there is no need to activate the card. You may begin using your new card right away for all of your purchasing needs.
- Why do you need the last four digits of my Social Security number when activating my Commerce Bank credit card?
This is for security purposes. We need you to verify that you have received your card, and your social security number helps validate your identity. We will only ask for the last four digits of your social security number.
- What is a PIN number and how do I get one?
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a number assigned to you and your card for security purposes. Your PIN number is mailed separately from your card. It generally arrives a few days after you receive your card. If you do not receive your PIN within a week following receiving your card, call Customer Service at 800-645-2103. You may select your PIN when you activate your card. If you have already activated your card but did not select your PIN, you may call the Account Information line at 800-453-2265. Follow the prompts to select or change your PIN.
- If I get a new card, will I receive a new PIN?
You will not receive a new PIN if your card number has not changed. You may use your current PIN with your new card.
- What should I do if my PIN is not working?
Please call customer service at 800-645-2103 to see if a new PIN is needed.
- I received a new card, but my current card hasn’t expired, will it still work?
Yes, your current card will continue to work until the expiration date passes. However, to avoid misplacing your new card or having unauthorized use of the old card, we advise you to destroy your old card and begin using the new card.
- What should I do if my card is lost or stolen or I have unauthorized transactions on my card?
You should report your card missing or misused as soon as you become aware of the situation. You can contact our Security Department at 800-645-2103.
We do require you to contact us within 60 days of the date you received the statement showing the unauthorized charges, to avoid liability for those charges.
- Can I go online to see my balance and manage my account?
Yes. You can see your balance, recent transactions and make payments at www.commercebank.com.
- The stripe on my card is worn out and will not work, or, my card is broken and will not swipe. How can I get a new card?
Contact customer service at 800-645-2103.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.