Commerce Check Card FAQs
- How do I activate my card?
If there is a sticker on the front of your card, we need verification that you have received your card. For your convenience, you may confirm receipt of your new card securely online. Make sure you have your card number available. After your card is activated, please destroy your old card.
If there is no sticker on the front of your new card, there is no need to activate the card. You may begin using your new card right away for all of your purchasing needs.
- Why do you need the last four digits of my Social Security number?
Your social security number helps validate your identity and we need to verify that you are the person who has received the card. We will only ask for the last four digits of your social security number.
- What is a PIN number and how do I get one?
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a number assigned to you and your card for security purposes. You may select your PIN when you activate your card. If you have already activated your card but did not select your PIN you may call the Account Information line at 1-800-453-2265. Follow the prompts to select or change your PIN.
- If I get a new card, will I receive a new PIN?
You will not receive a new PIN if your card number has not changed. You may use your current PIN with your new card.
If you received a Visa Check Card to replace your current ATM Card (which does not carry the Visa logo), your card number has changed and you will receive a new PIN.
- What should I do if my PIN is not working?
Please call customer service at 1-800-617-7480 to see if a new PIN is needed.
- I received a new check card, but my current card hasn’t expired, will it still work?
Yes, your current card will continue to work until the expiration date passes. However, to avoid misplacing your new card or having unauthorized use of the old card, we advise you to destroy your old card and begin using the new card.
- I pay my bills automatically each month with my current check card – will my payments continue to be processed?
To avoid service interruption, please contact each company and provide them with your new card information. For more information on automatic bill payments with your Commerce Bank Check Card, visit www.commercebank.com/directpay.
- Can I convert my ATM card to a Visa Check Card?
Please call 1800-617-7480 or visit your local Commerce Bank branch to convert your ATM card to a Visa Check Card.
- How can I pay bills with Visa Check Card?
For more information on automatic bill payments with your Commerce Bank Check Card, visit www.commercebank.com/directpay.
- What should I do if my card is lost or stolen or I have unauthorized transactions on my card?
You should report your card missing or misused as soon as you become aware of the situation. You can contact our Security Department at 1-800-617-7480.
We do require you to contact us within 60 days of the date you received the statement showing the unauthorized charges, to avoid liability for those charges.
- What are the fees for using the Visa Check Card?
There are no transaction fees for using your check card to make purchases. However, fees apply when used at a non-Commerce ATM.
- My card is broken and will not swipe. How can I get a new card?
Call customer service at 1-800-617-7480 for a damaged card replacement. A replacement fee may apply.
- I have an ATM Card but recently received a new Commerce Bank Visa Check Card. Is this right?
Your new Visa Check Card replaces your ATM card. Because your new Commerce Visa Check Card carries the Visa logo, it is accepted wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. This card is free and gives you more purchasing power. Because your ATM card has been upgraded to a Visa Check Card and your card number has changed, you will receive a new PIN. Watch for your new PIN to arrive in the mail soon. Don’t forget to destroy your old ATM card after you activate your new Visa Check Card.
- What is Interlink?
When you pay for an item with your check card and you enter your PIN, your purchase is processed through the Interlink network.
- What is PLUS?
PLUS is an ATM network that allows you to access cash from your Commerce Bank accounts worldwide. Just look for the PLUS logo on the ATM.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.