Commerce offers two ways for you to obtain Overdraft Service on your checking account:
- Check Plus Overdraft Protection is an Overdraft Cash Advance from your Commerce Bank Visa® credit card to cover overdrafts on your Commerce Bank checking account.
- Overdraft Transfer is a transfer from another Commerce checking, savings or money market account (linked account) that you designate to cover overdrafts on your Commerce Bank checking account.
Option 1: Check Plus Overdraft Protection
How it Works:
- If an overdraft occurs, we’ll automatically cover your checking account, up to your available credit limit, with an Overdraft Cash Advance from your Commerce Visa® credit card and deposit these funds into your checking account.* View example.
- You’ll receive a notice of the transfer. Overdraft Cash Advances are made once per day in increments of $50.
- The cost of utilizing Check Plus Overdraft Protection is the Cash Advance fee (5% with a $10 minimum) plus Interest at the Cash Advance rate, which begins accruing on the day of the Cash Advance.
How to Apply:
- If you don’t have a Commerce Visa, apply today.**
- If you already have a Commerce Visa, and would like to add Check Plus Overdraft Protection, visit your nearest Commerce Branch or call us at 800-453-2265 today.
Option 2: Overdraft Transfer
How it Works:
- If an overdraft occurs, we’ll automatically cover your checking account with a transfer from the linked account, up to the available funds in the linked account.
- One Overdraft Transfer is made to cover all overdrafts on that day. You’ll be charged a fee of $10 per Overdraft Transfer.
- The Overdraft Transfer will be in the total amount of the checks and other debits overdrawing your checking account, bringing your checking account to a $0 balance, if there are sufficient available funds in the linked account.
- Overdraft Transfer occurs once per day.
How to Sign Up:
- To set up an Overdraft Transfer for your checking account, just come by your nearest Commerce branch or call us at 800-453-2265.
- Your Commerce Visa credit card must be in good standing.
- Subject to credit approval.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.