Commerce Alerts FAQs
- What are Commerce Alerts?
- Commerce Alerts are messages sent by email and/or text that help you stay informed about important account information and can assist you in keeping your accounts secure.
- What kinds of Alerts are available?
- Security Alerts and Account Alerts.
- How should I use the Alerts tool?
- Alerts are not tools which allow you to prevent certain events from occurring or give you the opportunity to confirm events prior to them taking place. Instead, Alerts are sent to you after the triggering event has taken place and should be utilized only as an after-the-fact reminder of a completed event. If you have any questions or concerns about the event described in a particular Alert, contact us 800-453-2265.
- What is a Security Alert?
- Security Alerts notify you when certain events occur that relate to the security of certain account-related information, such as a change to your Online Banking Password or Customer ID. Being alerted to these types of changes can help you detect potential fraud. Security Alerts are automatically enabled when you sign up for Alerts. They can be turned off, but we encourage you to keep them turned on for your own protection.
- What is an Account Alert?
- Account Alerts notify you of important account activity, such as when you have insufficient funds in your account or when a direct deposit has been received. When you sign up for Alerts, you have the opportunity to select which Account Alerts you would like to receive.
- How do I set up Commerce Alerts?
- To set up Commerce Alerts, login to Online Banking and select "CUSTOMER SERVICE". Choose "Sign up for Alerts" in the "Alerts" section and follow the on-screen prompts. You will be asked to enter a primary email address and will have the option to enter a secondary email address. You may also sign up for text Alerts and will be asked to register a primary mobile phone number to receive the texts, and will have the option to register a secondary mobile phone number. You may then choose which types of Alerts you would like to receive. By signing up for Alerts, you are automatically signed up for Security Alerts. They can be turned off, but we encourage you to keep them turned on for your protection. Please be sure to adjust your email setting to allow emails from email@example.com.
- How do I make changes to my Commerce Alert preferences?
- To make changes to your Alert preferences, login to Online Banking and select "CUSTOMER SERVICE". Select either the Security Alert tab or the Account Alert tab. You may choose to change your email address or mobile phone number, add a secondary email address or mobile phone number, enable or disable alerts. You may also choose to send a specific Alert to your primary email address or mobile phone number, a secondary email address or phone number or a combination of these.
- When will I receive my Alert?
Security Alerts will be sent soon after an event occurs that triggers a Security Alert.
Account Alerts are based on the previous business day's posted transactions. One exception is the "Direct deposit received" Alert. If you sign up for the "Direct deposit received" Alert and we receive your direct deposit before 9 p.m. CT, in most instances you will receive your Alert the same day the direct deposit is received.
- Can I receive Commerce Alerts via my mobile phone?
- Yes, you can choose to have text Alerts sent to your mobile phone number via text message. Text messages are sent from Commerce Bank short code (66372.)
- How can I change the mobile phone number used for text Alerts?
- To change your mobile phone number, log in to Online Banking and select “Manage Alerts” in the CUSTOMER SERVICE section. Click the edit icon next to your mobile phone number and follow the instructions.
- What mobile phone service providers do you support?
- The mobile phone service providers that support this service are: AT&T, T-MobileTM, Verizon, Sprint, Alltel (Now includes Midwest), Virgin Mobile, C Spire (formerly Cellular South) nTelos, Cellcom, U.S. CellularTM, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass, Cellone Nation, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial, Cox Wireless, East Kentucky Network, Element Mobile, GCI Communications, Golden State Cellular, Immix, Inland Cellular, iWireless, Nex-TechWireless.
- How do I stop receiving text Alerts?
- To stop receiving text Alerts, log in to Online Banking, select “Stop receiving text Alerts” in the Alerts section of Customer Service and follow the instructions. Or, text “STOP” to the Commerce Bank short code 66372. For complete terms and conditions regarding text Alerts and how to unsubscribe, consult your text Alerts Terms and Conditions.
- Why don’t I receive my text Alert messages from Commerce Bank after activating text Alerts?
- Your mobile phone service provider may be blocking the use of “short codes” on you mobile phone even though it is enabled to receive text messages. Please contact your service provider to make sure they are not blocking short codes.
- Does Commerce Bank charge a fee for text Alerts?
- Commerce Bank does not charge a fee for text Alerts. Check with your wireless phone carrier for your plan details. Message and data rates may apply.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.