Business Visa® Debit Card FAQs
When I call Customer Service for the first time, what is my access code?
Are my access code and my PIN the same?
How do I select or change my PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
To select or change your PIN, you can:
- Select your PIN when you activate your card
- Call 1-800-617-7480, select option 5 or
- Change your PIN at a Commerce ATM (you must know your current PIN to change it)
What is the difference between an ATM card and a Visa® Debit card?
Is a Visa Debit card the same as a credit card?
Where can I use my debit card?
What is the difference between a PIN purchase and signature purchase?
Can I link my savings account to my debit card?
What should I do if my debit card is lost or stolen or if I notice fraudulent transactions?
How do I dispute a transaction on my debit card?
My debit card is going to expire soon. What should I do?
I received a new debit card, but my current card hasn't expired, will it still work?
I pay my bills automatically each month with my current debit card – if I get a new card will my payments continue to be processed?
- If your card number does not change, your payments will continue to be processed.
- If your card number changes, contact each company and provide them with your new card information.
- For more information on automatic bill payments with your Commerce Bank Debit Card, visit www.commercebank.com/directpay.
Are there fees associated with my Visa Debit Card?
What ATMs can I use with my debit card?
How can I avoid problems if I plan to use my debit card while traveling domestically or internationally?
We recommend that you set a travel notice on the card(s) you plan to use while traveling.
- Sign in to Online Banking and enter your trip details by clicking on "Account Management" under "Customer Service" and select "Notification of Travel Dates"
- Or call Customer Service at 1-800-617-7480, and select option 7
Will I be charged fees for using my debit card internationally or when purchasing online from international merchants?
What is the process for a typical debit card transaction?
- You present your debit card to make a purchase.
- The merchant takes your card to process an authorization or, if a PIN pad is available, requests that you swipe your card.
- The transaction information is sent to the processing network and Commerce Bank.
- The purchase amount is deducted directly from your checking account. NOTE: It can take 1–2 days for certain transactions to post to your account.
Why does Commerce Bank place a "hold" on certain types of transactions?
What happens when I return a purchase?
- The merchant authorizes the refund and sends the transaction information to its financial institution, either electronically or by phone.
- The merchant’s financial institution processes the refund transaction and credits your checking account. NOTE: Even if a return is made on the same day as the purchase, the credit may not be applied in real time and your daily spending limit may still be affected by that purchase.