NACHA RULE CHANGES FOR HEALTH CARE PAYMENTS
NACHA has amended its Operating Rules for health care payments using the ACH network. The new changes take effect September 20, 2013.
WHY ARE THESE CHANGES IMPORTANT?
The new rules provide standards for health care Electronic Funds Transfers using ACH. These standards allow for the reassociation of the payment to the electronic remittance advice (ERA).
DO THESE CHANGES AFFECT ME?
The changes affect any company that originates or receives health care EFT transactions.
WHAT ACTION SHOULD I TAKE?
If your company originates health care EFT transactions, you should:
- Enter "HCCLAIMPMT" in the Company Entry Description field of the CCD entry.
- Populate the Company Name field with the health plan name recognized by the health care provider.
- Include an addenda record and populate the Payment Related Information field of the addenda record with the Reassociation Trace Number.
If your company receives health care EFT transactions, you should:
- Retrieve the information contained within the Payment Related Information field of an addenda record in the health care EFT transaction from Commerce Connections®.
- Contact Commercial Customer Support to verify access to the information.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM DOING THIS RIGHT?
You can contact your Commerce Bank Treasury Services Officer or a Commercial Customer Support Representative at
800-207-0886 for answers to any questions that you may have about these changes.