Getting Information About Your Account
By staying informed about your account, you can avoid overdrafts.
Keep track of key information:
- Your current balance
- Transactions or checks that haven't posted to your account yet should be subtracted from your balance
- Fees that may have been charged to your account should be subtracted from your balance
- Deposits that aren't shown yet should be added to your balance once the funds are available
Getting information online or by phone
Online Banking lets you track key information at the click of a mouse. You can get most of this information online or by phone:
- Your account balance
- Your transaction history
- Copies of statements and checks
- Which checks, deposits, withdrawals and ATM transactions have posted to your account
- Your Commerce credit and debit card transactions
Plus, you can make transfers from one account to another (fees may apply).
To get information by phone, call our 24-hour Account Information Line.
Getting information from an ATM
- Insert or swipe your ATM card or debit card
- Enter your PIN
- Select "Balance Inquiry"
- Follow the screen prompts to check your balance
Getting information in person
Our branch staff is always happy to answer your questions. Locate your nearest branch
Note: The balance shown may not reflect all deposits and withdrawals (including checks, recent ATM transactions, debit transactions and fees). You may be charged a fee for your balance inquiry if you are not using a Commerce ATM. For your safety, read our ATM Safety Tips.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.