A cashless way to pay
Take charge of your finances with the mySpending Card®. This reloadable, prepaid solution can be used anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted, which makes it perfect for budgeting.
Think of the mySpending Card® as a modern update to your child’s allowance. Only the funds you preload onto the card can be accessed. While your child begins their financial journey, you can track balances and transactions with available Alerts. Adding funds is as easy as making a transfer from your Commerce checking account.
Simply balance your “Fun Funds” and your “Bill Funds” with the mySpending Card®. Add the mySpending Card® to your mobile wallet for everyday purchases for a faster way to pay. The mySpending Card® features security protections such as Visa Zero Liability if the card is lost or stolen1 and text Alerts to track transactions. It’s the safer way to stay on the go and on budget.
Applying is easy! Purchase online with a Commerce debit card, or get your card instantly at a participating Commerce Bank Branch2. View our application checklist.
Tap & Go
You can now tap to pay at checkout counters that support contactless technology. Follow the instructions below to use your mySpending Card® wherever you see the contactless Symbol3 for fast, more secure4 transactions.
Existing customers will receive a contactless Visa® Debit Card after their current card expires.
View contactless cards frequently asked questions
Card Purchase Fee
- Initial Value Load fee $5.95
- Secondary/Additional Card $2.00
Min. Opening Load
Monthly Service Charge
- Sign up for Direct Deposit of your paycheck, government benefits or other income sources
- Use the secure website, the phone4 or visit any Commerce Bank branch
- Make a transfer from a Commerce Bank checking or savings account using Online Banking or Mobile Banking
- If you do not have a Commerce checking or savings account: Use the Ingo Money app5 to load approved checks using your mobile device. Download the free app on Google Play™ or from the Apple®App StoreSM.
Load & Balance Limits
- Minimum load amount: $10, unless funds are loaded by direct deposit or other ACH transaction6
- Maximum load amount: $1,500 per day/$3,000 per rolling 7-day period, unless funds are loaded by direct deposit or other ACH transaction6
- Maximum Card balance: $3,000, unless funds are loaded by direct deposit or other ACH transaction6
Spending & Withdrawal Limits
- Maximum spending limit: $3,000 per day/$10,000 per month
- Maximum cash withdrawal limit: $1,000 per day/$1,500 per rolling 7-day period
Unlimited Commerce ATM transactions
- Online account access to Card account information and transaction history
- Balance updates via text alert7
- Paperless Statements - Free!
- Paper Statement - $3 per month
- Visa Zero Liability protection if your Card is list or stollen8
- FDIC Insured9
- Automated phone service - 1 call per week per Account at no charge; $.50 per call thereafter
- Contactless Checkout
When I call Customer Service for the first time, what is my access code?
Are my access code and my PIN the same?
How do I activate my card?
- Activate online at commercebank.com/mycommercecard
- Call 1-800-858-1200 or
- Visit a branch
How do I select or change my PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
- Select your PIN when you activate your card
- Call 1-800-617-7480, select option 5
- Visit a branch with instant issue capability or
- Change your PIN at a Commerce ATM (you must know your current PIN to change it)
What is the difference between an ATM card and a Visa® Debit card?
Is a Visa Debit card the same as a credit card?
Where can I use my debit card?
What is the difference between a PIN purchase and signature purchase?
Can I link my savings account to my debit card?
What should I do if my debit card is lost or stolen or if I notice fraudulent transactions?
How do I dispute a transaction on my debit card?
My debit card is going to expire soon. What should I do?
I received a new debit card, but my current card hasn’t expired, will it still work?
I pay my bills automatically each month with my current debit card – if I get a new card will my payments continue to be processed?
- If your card number does not change, your payments will continue to be processed.
- If your card number changes, contact each company and provide them with your new card information.
- For more information on automatic bill payments with your Commerce Bank Debit Card, visit www.commercebank.com/directpay.
How can I pay bills with my Visa debit card?
Are the fees associated with my Visa Debit Card?
What ATMs can I use with my debit card?
Can I keep track of my debit card transactions?
How can I avoid problems if I plan to use my debit card while traveling domestically or internationally?
- Sign in to Online Banking and enter your trip details by clicking on “Account Management” under “Customer Service” and select “Notification of Travel Dates”
- Or call Customer Service at 1-800-617-7480, and select option 7
Will I be charged fees for using my debit card internationally or when purchasing online from international merchants?
What is the process for a typical debit card transaction?
- You present your debit card to make a purchase.
- The merchant takes your card to process an authorization or, if a PIN pad is available, requests that you swipe your card.
- The transaction information is sent to the processing network and Commerce Bank. November 2014
- The purchase amount is deducted directly from your checking account. NOTE: It can take 1-2 days for certain transactions to post to your account.
Why does Commerce Bank place a “hold” on certain types of transactions?
What happens when I return a purchase?
- The merchant authorizes the refund and sends the transaction information to its financial institution, either electronically or by phone.
- The merchant’s financial institution processes the refund transaction and credits your checking account. NOTE: Even if a return is made on the same day as the purchase, the credit may not be applied in real time and your daily spending limit may still be affected by that purchase.
Please refer to the mySpending Card® Fee Schedule for more information.
Customer must notify Commerce Bank within 60 days of receiving the first statement with unauthorized activity. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult Commerce Bank.
Instant issue of a mySpending Card®; is limited to primary cardholders. Secondary cards available for pick up at the branch after 2 p.m. the next day. Online purchases must be issued to customer via U.S. mail.
The Contactless Symbol and Contactless Indicator are trademarks owned and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Contactless Visa cards use the same dynamic security as chip cards. Each transaction is accompanied by a one-time code that protects your payment information.
Automated Phone Service Call Fee may apply if loading Card via phone.
ACH transactions can include, but are not limited to, direct deposit of payroll, government benefits and tax refunds.
Standard text rates/web access charges from your wireless phone provider may apply; see your wireless phone provider for details.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. insures each depositor to at least $250,000.
To view or print a PDF file, Adobe® Reader® 9.5 or above is recommended. Download the latest version.