Options that keep you flexible.
Explore benefits that fit your needs and open a checking account online.
Find the a Commerce Checking account that's right for youOpen a checking account
Manage your basic banking needs with this simple checking account. Get access to Mobile Banking and Online Banking, as well as a Visa® Debit Card to make free Commerce ATM transactions.
Earn interest while managing your everyday banking with this checking account. All checking products have access to special savings products, Mobile Banking and a Visa® Debit Card.
Earn higher interest rates for carrying larger balances in your accounts. In addition to the free services offered through all of our checking products, you can also take advantage of special perks, unique to this account.
Designed for students aged 25 and younger, this checking account provides the start to a lifetime of financial learning.
Instead of a checking account, use this reloadable prepaid card to keep track of everyday expenses or set up your child’s allowance.
Compare Our Account Options
Please select a checking account or prepaid card below to compare.
|Free Online Banking|
|Free Online Bill Pay|
|Free Mobile Banking1|
|Popmoney and External Transfers2|
|Text and Email Alerts1|
|Free Standard Checks|
|Free Paperless Statements3|
|Available Features and Fees|
|Monthly Service Fee||$8||$10||$20||$0||$0|
|Waive the Service Fee||At least one $300 or more direct deposit OR 10 debit card purchases in each statement cycle4||At least one $500 or more direct deposit OR daily balance of $1,000 in each statement cycle5||$5,000 average daily balance in this account OR $15,000 in combined deposit balances (checking, savings, money market, CD and retail IRA balances)6||As long as your account is active, you will be charged a fee only if you make a paper transaction or receive a paper statement7||One-time fee of $5.95|
|Free Paper Statements9|
|Free Mobile Deposit10|
|Free Commerce ATMs|
|Free ATMs nationwide, plus we'll refund other banks' fees up to $10/month12|
|Benefits Beyond Checking|
|Eligible for myRewards Savings and Money Market accounts|
|Commerce ID Recover $4.49/month|
|Commerce ID Monitor $8.95/month|
Questions about which account is right for you?
We're here to help you make the best choice. Just give us a call.
- Message and data usage fees apply; check with your wireless or VoIP provider for more information.
- Fees may apply, depending on the speed of the transaction.
- Must activate Online Banking and sign up for paperless statements to get free monthly paperless statement. Fee for other statement options waived for the first 60 days after new account opening. This 60-day grace period does not apply to existing or converted accounts.
- Includes all transactions to purchase goods and services using a debit card, regardless of whether you sign or enter a PIN. PIN-based purchases with a Connections 24 ATM card or a Special Connections® credit card that result in a debit to your account are also counted. The number of debit card purchases is at the account level. If you add a joint account holder and both have debit cards, the number of debit card purchases will be the total purchases between both cards. ATM transactions are excluded.
- Daily balance means the ending ledger balance in the account each day. You must maintain the minimum daily balance every day of the monthly cycle.
- Average daily balance means the ending ledger balance in the account each day, divided by the number of the days in the month. You must maintain the minimum average daily balance for the monthly cycle. The person listed first on the account must maintain the balances shown. Qualifying deposit accounts include personal checking, savings, money market and CDs. Business accounts do not qualify. Combined balances are determined by using the actual balance on the day prior to the checking account statement cycle date each month.
- $3 monthly inactivity fee is charged after 60 days of inactivity. Avoid this fee by keeping your account active. Activity is defined as any transaction, such as a withdrawal, deposit, bill payment or ACH payment. An account inquiry, such as checking your balance in Online Banking or at an ATM, is not a transaction and does not count as activity. Fee of $2 per paper transaction (check or withdrawal slip) you write that posts during your monthly statement period. Customer is also responsible for cost of check orders including shipping & handling. Avoid this fee by using Online Bill Pay and Visa® Debit Card to make your payments.
Must activate Online Banking and sign up for paperless statements to get free monthly paperless statement. Fee for other statement options waived for the first 60 days after new account opening. This 60-day grace period does not apply to existing or converted accounts.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the ending collected balance in the account each day. Interest rate and annual percentage yield may vary. We may change the interest rate at any time at our discretion. Fees could reduce earnings on your account. When your collected balance is greater than $1,000, you may earn a higher rate of interest.
- Free paper statements are available with CommerceRelationship Checking accounts. Choose Paper Statement or Paper Statement with Images. Paperless Statement and Paperless Statement with Images are also free for these checking accounts.
- Restrictions and limitations apply.
- Overdraft Services allow you to minimize the fees and inconvenience caused by unexpected Overdrafts. Choose Overdraft Transfer (from a linked Commerce deposit account) or Check Plus Overdraft Protection (cash advance from a Commerce credit card). There is no charge until the service is used.
- Commerce will not charge you for ATM transactions made at non-Commerce ATMs. Other banks’ fees will be refunded up to $10 per calendar month. Transactions must be from your CommerceRelationship checking account.
To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.