Android Overlay FAQs
Why are you blocking me from using the app?
How do I stop other apps from overlaying the Commerce Bank Mobile Banking app?
Now you will need to identify the problem app and temporarily deny it permission to overlay other apps.
How do I know which app is causing the Commerce app from being blocked?
- Apps that change the colors or adjusts the brightness on your phone can draw over the screen and block our app.
- Disable these apps and try again.
- What apps have you used recently?
- Please note that Facebook Messenger chat heads will cause this issue. Please disable any chat heads and try again.
- What other common apps cause issues?
- Clean Master, Drupe and Lux. Also, apps like CF.lumen and Twilight draw over the screen. These should all be disabled before trying again.
I’m still receiving the overlay message, what else can I try?
- Do you have a floating bar installed?
- A floating bar can overlay our app and cause the Commerce Bank app to be blocked to protect your privacy. If possible, turn off or disable the floating bar and this may allow the Commerce app to run.
- What keyboard do you have installed?
- Many keyboards, whether pre-installed or not, can overlay our app and cause the Commerce Bank app to be blocked to protect your privacy. The Google keyboard is a standard keyboard that will work without blocking our app. You can download this keyboard from the Google Play store.
- Do you have a light filtering app?
- Many light filtering apps can overlay our app and cause the Commerce Bank app to be blocked to protect your privacy. Turning off or disabling the light filtering app may allow the Commerce app to run.
Who should I call if I still need help?
- App version
- Device model
- Carrier (Ex: Verizon)
- Android OS Version (Ex: Android Version 7.1)
- Wi-Fi or Cellular Connection
- Time of error
- Are you using a custom keyboard?