Mobile Banking Best Practices
The following are some best practices for consumers when utilizing Mobile Banking:
- Download the Commerce Bank Mobile Banking App, as well as all your mobile applications, only from trusted sources.
- Keep your mobile device operating system and applications up to date with the latest patches.
- Password protect your mobile device using a PIN, Password, Pattern, Fingerprint, or other authentication offered by your mobile device.
- Enable the automatic screen-lock feature on your mobile device to lock the device when it is not being used.
- Never access your Online Banking accounts from a ‘jailbroken’ or ‘rooted’ mobile device.
- Ensure your home wireless network is configured to use Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) Wireless Security Technology.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi hotspots to access Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Consider using tools that allow you to remotely wipe your mobile device if it is lost or stolen.
- Do not configure your mobile applications for auto-login capability.
- Notify Commerce Bank immediately if your mobile device is lost or stolen. Call our Online Banking Customer Support at 844-782-7206.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.