More than 150 years
of helping customers has taught us that life is complex, and that even the best moments in life come with financial challenges. This situation is no exception. In good times and
in challenging times, Commerce Bank is here for our customers and our team members. We stand ready to help you through whatever comes your way, so you can focus on what matters most.
Life as we know it has changed, and it’s still changing. We’re constantly working to adapt and respond, to keep our customers and teammates safe and to assist those who are facing financial hardship.
We believe every financial situation is unique and deserving of a personal response. If you are a Commerce Bank customer facing financial difficulties due to the impact of the coronavirus, please call us at 833-518-3458 to discuss how we can help you.
Commerce Bank COVID-19 Relief Measures
For our customers
For our business customers
For our team members and their families
For existing/eligible Consumer customers; requires Bank approval and must be requested by the customer
- Loan payment deferments
- Installment loans with flexible requirements and first payment extensions
- Payment plans and temporary forbearance options for mortgage loans
- Foreclosure sales cancelled or postponed, and new foreclosure referrals halted
- All auto repossession activity temporarily ceased
- Credit card skip payments with refunded or waived late fees
- Reduced credit card payments and fees for long-term financial impact customers
- Overdraft fees or non-Commerce ATM fees refunded when requested
- Early CD withdrawal penalties waived due to financial hardship
For existing/eligible Commercial customers; requires Bank approval and must be requested by the customer.
- Loan payment deferments
- SBA loan with new Paycheck Protection Program
- Credit card payment deferment and late fees refunded/waived
- Deposit account overdraft fees refunded when requested
- Merchant Services waiver of minimum and regular monthly fees for when businesses are temporarily closed
- Implementation fees waived for DirectCheck Card and Prepaid Expense Card solutions*
*Implementation fees waived until June 30, 2020
- Premium pay for hourly, onsite team members
- Pandemic-related time off
- Covering costs of COVID-19 testing
- New policies to accommodate individual needs
- Limited access to our branches to minimize exposure
- Regularly disinfecting work areas and equipment
- Implemented distributed workforce model
- Leveraging technology for meetings
- Eliminated business travel
In the first wave of funding from the Paycheck Protection Program
, Commerce was able to help 4,529 clients in our communities secure over $1.5 billion in loans from the Small Business Association, with a median loan size of $64,000.
Supporting our communities.
At Commerce, we believe lasting relationships are built on meeting people and communities where they are. Learning their needs. Taking time to be there, in moments big and small. And making a difference wherever we can. Whether it’s helping small businesses understand the Paycheck Protection Program
or our teammates coming together to support the places they live and work in, we’re using resources across all parts of the bank to help make a difference—and keep you informed
of what’s happening.
Challenges give us the will to help, and the courage to take action. During these trying and uncertain times – and always, we appreciate your continued trust and the privilege to serve you.
We stand ready to help however we can to help you meet the challenges of COVID-19, and whatever comes after.