KANSAS CITY, June 4, 2018
– Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBSH) announced several changes today that reflect Vice Chairman Jonathan M. Kemper’s planned transition from day-to-day responsibilities, effective July 31.
Kemper will continue to stay engaged with the organization through continued service on the Commerce Bancshares Board of Directors and Commerce Bank of Kansas City advisory board, and as an additional resource for customer relationships. He will also remain active in the Kansas City community, representing Commerce on several community boards, and will continue as Chairman and Co-Trustee of the William T. Kemper Foundation, Commerce Bank, Trustee.
The following key leadership changes will take effect, August 1:
- Kevin Barth will become Chairman and CEO of Commerce Bank of Kansas City. Barth will continue as head of Commerce’s commercial line of business and retain his title as Executive Vice President for Commerce Bancshares and member of the Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Executive Management Committee.
- Rob Bratcher will be promoted to President of Commerce Bank of Kansas City and will lead the commercial banking division in Kansas City. Bratcher will continue to lead the bank’s healthcare specialty group.
- Nick Warren will be promoted to President of Regional Banking for Commerce and lead the business development efforts for the bank’s Western regional markets. Warren will continue to coordinate agribusiness and food processing banking efforts for the commercial line of business.
- Tom Harmon will be promoted to President of Commerce Bank of St. Louis, reporting to Bob Holmes, Chairman and CEO of Commerce Bank of St. Louis, and will continue to lead the commercial division in that market. Harmon came to Commerce two years ago and brought with him more than 20 years of experience in commercial banking in the St. Louis market.
“I have been honored to work with each of these individuals throughout my career, and fully expect them to support our customers, communities and the continued success and growth of Commerce,” said Jonathan Kemper.
About Commerce Bancshares, Inc.
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBSH), is a regional bank holding company with $24.6 billion in assets, as of March 31, 2018. For more than 150 years, Commerce Bank, a subsidiary of Commerce Bancshares, Inc., has been meeting the financial services needs of individuals and businesses. Commerce provides a full range of financial products to consumer and commercial customers, including personal banking, lending, mortgage banking, wealth management, brokerage and capital markets services. Commerce operates in approximately 330 locations in the central United States and has a nationwide presence in the commercial payments industry.
For additional information, please visit www.commercebank.com