Commerce Bank Credit Card Application FAQs
What information do I need to apply for a Commerce Bank credit card?
To apply for a credit card, you’ll need personal information, including:
- Full name
- Home address (No P.O. Boxes)
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Mother’s maiden name
- Social security number
- Monthly rent/mortgage
- Gross annual income amount, such as employment (salary, wages, bonuses, tips and commissions), retirement, disability, social security, and/or unemployment income
- Additional annual income, such as inheritance / trust, interest, dividends, social security, disability, retirement benefits, rental income, allowance, spousal support, child support and/or separate maintenance may also be provided if you wish for it to be considered for the application
Why does Commerce Bank need my personal information to apply for a credit card?
Our bank complies with the USA PATRIOT Act. This law mandates that we verify certain information about you while processing your account application. In addition, we will use your personal information to verify your identity.
Can I apply with a co-applicant?
We can process applications with a co-applicant over the phone or in a branch. Please call us at 800-645-2103 or visit your nearest branch.
Can I add an authorized user?
Yes, you will be able to add an authorized user during the application process. Authorized users will receive a card and have charging privileges, but will not be financially responsible for the account.
What will I need to transfer a credit card balance?
To transfer up to 6 balances from your non-Commerce Bank credit card, you’ll need the following:
- Card issuer/company name
- Card issuer/company mailing address, which can typically be found on your monthly billing statement or the issuer’s website
- The account number of the balance you wish to transfer
- The amount you wish to transfer
When will I receive my credit card?
Upon approval, your card and opening account materials should arrive within 7 – 10 business days.
I have a question that is not listed on this page. Who can I contact?
A representative is happy to speak with you at any time. Please contact us at 800-645-2103 if you have additional questions.