Account Overdraft Services
Commerce offers two ways for you to obtain checking account Overdraft Services on your:
- Check Plus Overdraft Protection is an Overdraft Cash Advance from your Commerce Bank credit card to cover Commerce Bank checking account overdrafts.
- Overdraft Transfer is a transfer from another Commerce checking, savings or money market account (linked account) that you designate to cover Commerce Bank checking account overdrafts.
Option 1: Check Plus Overdraft Protection
How It Works:
- If a checking account overdraft occurs, we'll automatically cover it, up to your available credit limit, with an Overdraft Cash Advance from your Commerce Bank credit card. Funds will be deposited into your checking account.1
- You'll receive a notice of the transfer. Overdraft Cash Advances are made once per day in increments of $50.
- The cost of utilizing Check Plus Overdraft Protection is the Cash Advance fee (5% with a $10 minimum) plus Interest at the Cash Advance rate, which begins accruing on the day of the Cash Advance.
How to Apply:
- If you don't have a Commerce Bank credit card, apply today.2
- If you already have a Commerce Bank credit card and would like to add Check Plus Overdraft Protection, visit your nearest Commerce Branch or call us at 800-453-2265 today.
Option 2: Overdraft Transfer
How It Works:
- If a checking account overdraft occurs, we'll automatically cover it with a transfer from the linked account, up to the available funds in the linked account.
- One Overdraft Transfer is made to cover all checking account overdrafts on that day. You'll be charged a fee of $12 per Overdraft Transfer.
- The Overdraft Transfer will be in the total amount of the checks and other debits overdrawing your checking account, bringing your checking account to a $0 balance, if there are sufficient available funds in the linked account.
- Overdraft Transfer occurs once per day.
How to Sign Up:
To set up a checking account Overdraft Transfer, just come by your nearest Commerce branch or call us at 800-453-2265.
Questions about which account is right for you?
Your Commerce Bank credit card must be in good standing.
Subject to credit approval.