Platinum Visa® Debit Cards
Platinum Visa® Debit Card
The Commerce Bank Platinum Visa® Debit Card delivers additional benefits to enhance your relationship through existing accounts such as the CommerceRelationship Checking Account.
Just for Platinum Debit cardholders, access dedicated support, through the exclusive phone number on the back of every card. While traveling, your card provides the following benefits1 to minimize any inconveniences while away from home:
Hotel theft protection
When you pay for lodging with your Visa card, you can be reimbursed for covered personal property that is stolen from your room.
Lost luggage reimbursement
Book travel or pay for travel fare with the card, and the cost of both your luggage and its contents can be reimbursed if they’re lost or stolen by the common carrier.
Travel & emergency assistance services
Get help coordinating medical, legal, and travel services when you need them. The cost of any goods or services is your responsibility.
Activate security features
Count on built-in fraud protection with Visa Zero Liability1. Unlike cash, you're protected if your card is ever lost or stolen – and you're never responsible for any unauthorized purchases.
Enroll in text Alerts in Online Banking to track your spending and monitor for any suspicious account activity.
Lock a missing card using Online Banking to temporarily block new purchases and ATM withdrawals, without interrupting your recurring payments. Once you find your card, simply unlock it and begin using it again.
Tap & Go
You can now tap to pay at checkout counters that support contactless technology. Follow the instructions below to use your Platinum Visa® Debit Card wherever you see the contactless Symbol2 for fast, more secure3 transactions.
Existing customers will receive a contactless Platinum Visa® Debit Card after your current card expires.
View contactless cards frequently asked questions
When I call Customer Service for the first time, what is my access code?
Are my access code and my PIN the same?
How do I activate my card?
- Activate online at commercebank.com/mycommercecard
- Call 1-800-858-1200 or
- Visit a branch
How do I select or change my PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
- Select your PIN when you activate your card
- Call 1-800-617-7480, select option 5
- Visit a branch with instant issue capability or
- Change your PIN at a Commerce ATM (you must know your current PIN to change it)
What is the difference between an ATM card and a Visa® Debit card?
Is a Visa Debit card the same as a credit card?
Where can I use my debit card?
What is the difference between a PIN purchase and signature purchase?
Can I link my savings account to my debit card?
What should I do if my debit card is lost or stolen or if I notice fraudulent transactions?
How do I dispute a transaction on my debit card?
My debit card is going to expire soon. What should I do?
I received a new debit card, but my current card hasn’t expired, will it still work?
I pay my bills automatically each month with my current debit card – if I get a new card will my payments continue to be processed?
- If your card number does not change, your payments will continue to be processed.
- If your card number changes, contact each company and provide them with your new card information.
- For more information on automatic bill payments with your Commerce Bank Debit Card, visit www.commercebank.com/directpay.
How can I pay bills with my Visa debit card?
Are the fees associated with my Visa Debit Card?
What ATMs can I use with my debit card?
Can I keep track of my debit card transactions?
How can I avoid problems if I plan to use my debit card while traveling domestically or internationally?
- Sign in to Online Banking and enter your trip details by clicking on “Account Management” under “Customer Service” and select “Notification of Travel Dates”
- Or call Customer Service at 1-800-617-7480, and select option 7
Will I be charged fees for using my debit card internationally or when purchasing online from international merchants?
What is the process for a typical debit card transaction?
- You present your debit card to make a purchase.
- The merchant takes your card to process an authorization or, if a PIN pad is available, requests that you swipe your card.
- The transaction information is sent to the processing network and Commerce Bank. November 2014
- The purchase amount is deducted directly from your checking account. NOTE: It can take 1-2 days for certain transactions to post to your account.
Why does Commerce Bank place a “hold” on certain types of transactions?
What happens when I return a purchase?
- The merchant authorizes the refund and sends the transaction information to its financial institution, either electronically or by phone.
- The merchant’s financial institution processes the refund transaction and credits your checking account. NOTE: Even if a return is made on the same day as the purchase, the credit may not be applied in real time and your daily spending limit may still be affected by that purchase.
Customer must notify Commerce Bank within 60 days of receiving the first statement with unauthorized activity. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult Commerce Bank.
The Contactless Symbol and Contactless Indicator are trademarks owned and used with permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Contactless Visa cards use the same dynamic security as chip cards. Each transaction is accompanied by a one-time code that protects your payment information.
Some restrictions may apply.