Undergrad, grad student, or parent. Get money for school.
Student loans from Commerce Bank can help you make higher education happen, featuring:
Competitive interest rates
Multiple repayment options
No origination fees or prepayment penalty1
Student Loan Options
When should I consider a private student loan?
As with all loans, it’s wise to only borrow what you need and what you can afford to pay back later, so we encourage you to consider things like the anticipated monthly payments on your total student loan debt and expected future earnings when considering a private student loan.
Do I need to have a Commerce checking account to apply for a student loan?
I’m an international student. Am I eligible for a student loan?
How do I make my payment?
- Online – Access your student loan account at www.salliemae.com and establish your payment preference
- By phone – Call (800) 472-5543
- By mail – Sallie Mae, P.O. Box 8459, Philadelphia, PA 19101-8459
- By mobile app – Download the Sallie Mae app from the App Store or Google Play
What is Cost of Attendance?
What are certified student loans?
The school can certify the loan amount that you request, not certify the loan at all, or certify a lower loan amount, but it can’t increase the loan amount. The school will also set the date that it wants to receive the money. The certification process typically takes 7 to 10 business days. Once complete, the funds are sent directly to the school.
What are uncertified student loans?
Student Loan Resources for Students and Parents
- Although we do not charge you a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as provided in your promissory note: First to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.
Your Future Education Loans, Commerce Bank graduate loans, and Their Future Education Loans are funded by Commerce Bank.
Your Future Education Loans and Their Future Education Loans are a service mark or registered service mark of Sallie Mae Bank.
Your Future Education Loan (Undergrad)
Their Future Education Loan (Parent Loan)
© 2019 Commerce Bankshares, Inc.
Member FDIC. All rights reserved.
* NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN AND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry and enrolled as a full-time or part-time (at least 6 hours) student at a post-secondary education institution, including, but not limited to, junior colleges and vocational schools, for the semester following the Promotion end date. You may also enter by mailing in an entry form or postcard with your name, mailing address, age, phone number and email address as well as registrant’s post-secondary educational institution to Commerce Bank/Scholarships, 1045 Executive Parkway Dr., St. Louis, MO 63141. Entries must be received by December 31, 2019. Approximate retail value of the prize is three (3) $1,000 prizes; total Promotion MSRP is $3,000. Each prize will be awarded directly to the winner’s post-secondary education institution on behalf of the winner. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.commercebank.com/scholarships or at Commerce Bank, 1045 Executive Parkway Drive, WOOP-SL, St. Louis, MO 63141.