mySpending Card® FAQs
What if I have forgotten or need to reset my PIN?
What should I do if my PIN is not working?
How does my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® work?
Can I manage my card information online?
How long will it take to receive my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
Are there any fees associated with my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
When will my secondary cardholder receive their card?
How do I activate my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
How do I get my PIN?
How do I load money to my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
- Sign up for Direct Deposit with your employer and have a portion or all of your paycheck loaded to your mySpending Card®.
- Visit the mySpending Card® site, www.commercebank.com/mySpendingcard,and follow the steps for loading funds using a Commerce Bank debit or credit card.
- Visit a teller at any Commerce Bank branch to load cash or funds from a federal, state or local government-issued check or an employer payroll check drawn on Commerce Bank. (Note: Checks will be cashed in accordance with Commerce Bank’s normal check cashing policy.)
- Use Commerce Bank’s Online Banking, or visit a teller at any Commerce Bank branch, to transfer money from your Commerce Bank checking or savings account to your Card.
- Use the Ingo Money app3 to load approved checks using your mobile device. Download the free app on Google Play™ or from the Apple® App StoreSM.
Is there a limit on how much I can load to my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
I keep exceeding my card load limits, can I have them raised?
How soon after I load money onto my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® will I be able to use the money?
I keep exceeding my card purchase limits, can I have them raised?
What happens if I need to return merchandise that I purchased using my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
Why is there a limit on how much I can spend?
Can I use my Card outside of the United States?
Are there any special types of transactions I should know about before I shop?
Gas Stations – If you use your Card at an automated fuel dispenser (i.e., pay at the pump) it may result in a hold on your funds of $75.00 or more. To avoid this hold, you may go into the gas station and pay for your purchase in advance with the cashier and specify the exact dollar amount of gas you would like to purchase.
Restaurants and Other Merchants – Restaurants, hair salons and some other types of merchants may obtain an authorization on the Card for an amount greater than the total service bill to cover any gratuity that may be added. Be sure that the balance on the Card is sufficient to cover the cost of the bill plus any anticipated gratuity. If the Card is declined, ask the merchant to obtain an authorization for an amount equal to or less than the balance on your Card and pay the difference with another form of payment if allowed by the merchant.
Hotels – Hotels m ay put a hold on your Card in the amount of your estimated bill, which will make that amount unavailable for other purchases. The hold may last from the time you check in to a few days after you check out.
Auto Rentals – Auto rental establishments may requ ire you to reserve your car with a credit card. They may allow you to use your Card for the final payment. Please check with the establishment for their specific procedures.
Cancellation of Authorizations – You must cancel authorizations issued for Card tr ansactions when you subsequently use another form of payment for the transaction such as a credit card or cash. Failure to have the authorization canceled may result in a hold on funds on the Card and limit your future transactions. If you cancel any guaranteed reservation made using the Card, you must obtain a cancellation number. If you fail to do so, the hold placed for the guaranteed reservation will not be canceled and the amount will be held against the balance on the Card. This may limit your future transactions. Further, if the merchant subsequently charges the amount of the guaranteed reservation to your Card, we will not be obligated to re-credit the Card if you fail to obtain a cancellation number.
International Transactions – Commerce Bank and Visa reserve the right to charge for International Service Assessment fees. Please refer to your Cardholder Agreement [PDF] for specific fees.
Service Assessment Fee (for single currency international transaction done in U.S. Dollars)*
International Service Fee (for multi-currency conversion)**
What will happen if I do not have enough money on my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® to complete my purchase?
Can I pay bills with my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
Can I use my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® to make a purchase on the internet?
Is there a limit on how much I can spend on my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® per day?
Tracking Loads and Spending
What if I prefer a paper statement?
What happens if the balance of my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® goes into the negative?
How do I check the balance and confirm deposits on my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
How will I keep track of my purchases?
- You may view your transactions and monthly statement online at www.commercebank.com/mySpendingcard, by calling 1-888-373-2883, or by using Commerce Bank Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Text alerts can be sent to your mobile device. You can choose to be notified of your balance on a daily basis, after each transaction, or after a deposit has been made.5
What should I do if I do not recognize a transaction or want to dispute a transaction?
What should I do if my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® becomes damaged or will not swipe?
Does my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® expire?
What should I do if my Commerce Bank mySpending Card® has become lost or stolen?
I am having trouble establishing a login for the mySpending Card® consumer website, what can I do?
What should I do if I notice fraudulent activity on my Commerce Bank mySpending Card®?
- Please refer to the mySpending Card® Cardholder Agreement for a complete fee schedule.
- Some restrictions apply. Secondary cards purchased at an instant issue capable branch will be available after 2 p.m. the following day.
- This is covered in the Cardholder Agreement [PDF] under the Commerce Bank mySpending Card® Fee Schedule and the section regarding Foreign & U.S. Currency/Conversions Rates and Fees.
- There is no fee for text alerts, but standard text rates and/or web access charges from your wireless phone carrier may apply. See your wireless phone carrier for details.
- We must hear from you no later than 120 days after the transaction was posted to your account. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult Commerce Bank.