What are Personal Identity Theft Resolution Services?
Personal Identity Theft Resolution Services provides you with access to a number of Identity Theft resolution services, should you believe you are a victim of Identity Theft.
Who is eligible for this coverage?
To be eligible for this coverage, you must be a valid cardholder, whose name is embossed on an eligible Commerce Bank MasterCard, and who resides in the United States.
How can I access these services?
Simply contact 1-800-MASTERCARD if you believe you have been a victim of Identity Theft.
What are the services provided?
Services provided are on a 24-hour basis, 365 days a year. They include:
- Providing the cardholder with a uniform Identity Theft Affidavit and providing assistance with completion of the Affidavit. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to submit the Affidavit to the proper authorities, credit bureaus, and creditors.
- Notifying all three major credit reporting agencies to obtain a free credit report for the cardholder and placing an alert on the cardholder's record with the agencies.
- Assisting the cardholder with debit, credit and/or charge card replacement.
- Assisting cardholder with membership/affinity card replacement.
- Educating the cardholder on how Identity Theft can occur and of protective measures to avoid further occurrences.
- Providing the cardholder with the Identity Theft Resolution Kit.
- Providing the cardholder with sample letters for use in canceling checks, ATM cards, and other accounts.
Is there a charge for these services?
No, your financial institution provides these to you at no extra cost.
When are services not provided?
- When it is determined you have committed any dishonest, criminal, malicious, or fraudulent act.
- When your financial institution or card issuer, which provides this service, has investigated the event and deemed you are responsible for the charge or event.
- When any theft or unauthorized use of an account by a person to whom the account has been entrusted has been committed.
Program provisions for personal identity theft services
This service applies only to you, the primary eligible Commerce Bank MasterCard cardholder. You shall use due diligence and do all things reasonable to avoid or diminish any loss or damage to property protected by the program.
The provider, Europ Assistance U.S.A., Inc., relies on the truth of statement made in the Affidavit or declaration from each cardholder. This service is provided to eligible Commerce Bank MasterCard cardholders at no additional cost and is in effect for acts occurring while the program is in effect. The terms and conditions contained in this program guide may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide mailings, statement inserts, or statement messages. MasterCard or your financial institution can cancel or non-renew these services, and if we do, we will notify you at least thirty (30) days in advance. If the Provider non-renews or cancels any services provided to eligible Commerce Bank MasterCard cardholders, you will be notified within 30–120 days before the expiration of the service agreement. In the event substantially similar coverage takes effect without interruption, no such notice is necessary. For general questions regarding these services, please contact 1-800-MASTERCARD.